The founder of the HCG diet, Dr. A. T. W. Simeons, who was a distinguished physician, developed the HCG Diet Plan food list. He administered and studied the diet in a spa in Italy where he could control the meals of his patients. Many, if not all, of his patients were celebrities or royalty and had to stick to the HCG diet plan food list, which he found had the best weight loss.
. While he tried and measured the results using other fruits, vegetables and protein, the classic foods gave the best results for weight loss.
The HCG Diet Plan Food List
- Protein – eat chicken without the bone or skin, lean beef, veal and non fatty white fish. There is no tuna or salmon on the HCG diet plan food list since they contain a lot of fat. However, shellfish such as lobster, crab, shrimp and scallops are acceptable.
- Vegetables – asparagus, beet greens (not beets), cabbage, celery, chard, cucumber, fennel, kale, lettuce greens (various types), onions, radishes, spinach and tomatoes are the classic vegetables that worked the best. Broccoli is not on the HCG diet plan food list, but is a good substitute if no other vegetable is available when dining out.
- Snack – an apple, orange, cup of strawberries or half a grapefruit are the only fruits that are allowed.
- Beverages – coffee and tea without sugar and only 1 tablespoon of milk is allowed. Stevia can be used as a sweetener.
Meals on the HCG diet plan food list
- 2 meals and 2 snacks
- Lunch is 3.5 ounces of protein with a cup of vegetables.
- Dinner is the same, however it is best to eat something different.
The HCG diet plan food list does not have any fats, oils, butter, nuts, or seeds of any kind. It maximizes fat burning by forcing your body to go into fat stores. The fat stores in your abdomen and internal organs is hard to burn, however when you restrict fat while on HCG, this fat melts away. Many people who administer this diet add eggs, dairy and other foods that make it more palatable, however in some people these cause inflammation and may actually hinder weight loss.
Since the amount of calories is very restricted on the HCG diet food plan list, it is best to do this under medical supervision by a physician experienced in weight loss and metabolism.
Lorraine Maita, MD is an award winning physician, speaker and author of “Vibrance for Life: How to Live Younger and Healthier” and can make you slim, sharp, sexy and supercharged. She is an expert in anti aging medicine, bioidentical hormone replacement, and weight loss, medical nutrition, supplements and executive health. Dr. Maita has a private practice in Functional, Integrative, Personalized and Anti Aging Medicine in Short Hills, NJ www.howtoliveyounger.com and educates virtually at www.vibranceforlife.com. Live and look younger and healthier by scheduling a consultation today.