Discover the Secrets of Fasting Mimicking and Intermittent Fasting to Anti Age, Lose Weight and Reverse Illness. Is Intermittent fasting the solution to your diet woes? You may be tired of adhering to a strict diet just to maintain your weight. For some people any type of fast can seem daunting. Yet fasting has been a part of the cycles of life for ages.
What is intermittent fasting?
There are many ways to do intermittent fasting. It is simply restricting eating for a time period. Most people fast overnight which can be 10-12 hours. However, restricting eating to a 6 to 8-hour time period during the day has been shown to have many benefits. There are several regimes you can try to see which work best for you:
- 5 days of eating and 2 days of fasting = 5:2
- 12 hours of fasting overnight
- 8 hours of eating and 16 hours of fasting =8:16 (most popular)
- Fasting a few days a year
- Fasting mimicking diet called ProLon
What are the pros and cons of intermittent fasting?
The benefits of intermittent fasting are spelled out in a New England Journal of Medicine article:
- Increased resistance to stress
- Improves blood sugar regulation
- Decreases blood pressure
- Improves lipid levels
- Lowers resting heart rate
According to the National Institute on Aging, fasting is linked to longevity. Calorie restriction has been known to turn on a gene linked to telomere length. Your telomeres (the tips at the end of your genes) determine how many times your cells can divide. Your cells must replicate to repair damaged tissues. When telomeres shorten to a certain length, your cells can no longer divide.
Fasting is calorie restriction. It gives the body a rest from the demanding process of digestion, it limits calories and helps remove the garbage. The lead author on the study Rafael de Cabo, Ph.D said the following: “We think what’s going on is when you stop eating for X-number of hours, your metabolism goes into standby mode. Your body fixes and removes all the garbage during this time,” de Cabo said. “When the next feeding comes, you are better prepared for the energy you’re about to consume.” He said that when continuously eating, or snacking periodically throughout the day, your metabolism doesn’t have time to readjust or rest.
Another study on mice from the Longevity Institute found that fasting:
- Extended lifespan
- Lowered visceral fat
- Reduced cancer incidence
- Rejuvenated the immune system
Valter Longo, director of the Longevity Institute at the University of Southern California, and author of the book “The Longevity Diet,” found tremendous health benefits from a fasting mimicking diet known as ProLon. This diet lasts 5 days and restricts calories. The food comes in a box and contains between 800 and 1,000 calories. Eating the food as prescribed has been shown to increase stem cell production if you do it once a month for 3 months. Stem cells rejuvenate tissue. The food is soy based. It is not for you if you have a soy allergy or sensitivity. Doing a 5 day fasting mimicking diet with ProLon once a month for 3 consecutive months has been shown to have many benefits such as:
- Activate Stem Cell-Based Renewal in the Body
- Decrease Weight and Body Fat While Preserving Lean Muscle Mass
- Maintain Healthy Levels of Blood Glucose, Cholesterol, & Blood Pressure
- Get Results in Just 5 Days and then Return to Your Regular Lifestyle
- Affect Additional Health Markers that are Described in our Clinical Trials
Although, it is not for everyone. Avoid if you:
- Have perfect body weight and exercise daily
- Have trouble regulating blood sugar
- Are on medications that can lower blood sugar too much
- Have an eating disorder
- Always check with your doctor as certain conditions and medications may make it difficult or even dangerous to fast.
In conclusion, you can live longer, younger and healthier with the right regime. Consider trying the 8:16 fast or ProLon to reap the health and longevity benefits of intermittent fasting. You can save at least 10% by ordering from The Vibrance for Life Get Healthy Store and save even more by buying a 3 month supply. Here’s to your health and longevity.