When people depend on you: Executive Health Resources
Whether you are the CEO of your household or a major company, you have people depending on you. It’s important to maintain or enhance your health. Executives rely heavily on financial data, analysis of ROI, and evaluating trends. They have business continuity and disaster plans for their businesses. However many don’t consider doing the same for their health. They may rely upon a checklist physical to assess their health status yet even if they “pass,” their health may not be optimal. They may pass their exam with the wrong tests.
People may rely on cookie cutter information. Therefore, developed for the masses that may or may not be good for them as individuals. Understanding where you are and what you need to do to function at your peak. However, this requires executive health resources that are specific for your needs. Having resources to enhance or maintain your health that are quick and easy. In addition, readily available can be invaluable to stay competitive and at the top of your game.
Get a KPI for Early Detection
PSA exams, pap smears, colonoscopies and other tests are not preventive. They help with early detection. To get a clear understanding of early signs of illness, the tests have to be different and so does the interpretation. Normal and optimal are not the same. You can have values in the normal range yet not be able to function well and may be on the verge of illness. Seek an evaluation that focuses on optimal and how to achieve it to be able to look, feel and perform your best.
Consider some of these executive health resources to find out where you stand and what you need to focus on to function at your peak.
- A Vibrance for Life® Executive Physical is a great executive health resource because it serves as your key performance indicator (KPI), a dashboard for your health. You can learn where your weak points are and compare your function to others your age. Normal in our society has become being overweight with high cholesterol and other cardiovascular risks as well as aches and pains and on multiple medication. Do you want to be “normal” or optimal?
- Learn How to Live Healthier to unleash peak performance. This article is just a glimpse of what you get in a full day exam that is like no other. You will uncover physical, mental, metabolic, hormonal, and genetic and lifestyle measures that help or hinder your overall health and wellbeing. You can fill in the gaps of what is missing from your other exams. It’s a workshop in learning to live well and how to make it easy. One day can change your life.
Your physical, mental and emotional health are key factors that contribute to making good decisions, being creative and innovative and keeping calm and focused under pressure. There’s an app for that and it is one of the most beneficial of a multitude of executive health resources.
- Heartmath is a tool used by elite athletes and executives to training your mind and body to work together and create a state of coherence or flow. You can learn from a skilled professional. In just minutes a day you can practice and achieve this state and reap the physical, mental, emotional and performance benefits such as reduction of fatigue, anxiety and depression and improvement in the ability to focus, listening ability and sleep.
- Heartmath Institute has a variety of biofeedback tools that are available as a desktop application or an app for your phone. With minimal training you can monitor and improve your emotional and physical health, learn how to get in the zone and achieve your best physical and mental state.
Fitness on the Go
Finding time to exercise can be a challenge for executives on the go. It must be efficient and effective and easy to stick to a plan. Anyone can find 7 minutes. Some executive health resources to get a quick workout are as follows:
- The 7 Minute Workout was studied and designed by Chris Jordan of the Human Performance Institute. High intensity interval training has been studied and found to have many benefits of endurance and resistance training in less time. It is an efficient and effective form of exercise.
- The 7 Minute Workout App is available for most devices. Keep in mind that form is important and you must build up to doing these exercises faster at high intensity with short rest intervals to avoid injury and get the most out of your workout.
Eating and Getting Healthy on the Go
When time is at a premium it can be hard to find healthy meals on the go. Many harried executives turn to fast food, frozen pseudo meals or high calorie low nutrition foods that pack on the pounds and cause inflammation and ailments. These can wreak havoc with your metabolism and overall health. Maintaining heath and weight can be easy using food as medicine. Reducing inflammation with quality food and supplements can prevent and reverse a multitude of chronic ailments. Some of the favorite executive health resources for using food as medicine are:
- Artisan Bistro prepares meals using premium proteins: free-range, antibiotic free chicken, all-natural turkey, wild caught Alaskan salmon and whole, organic vegetables. No preservatives, artificial ingredients, or MSG is used. Their packaging is BPA free. All meals are gluten and peanut free and there are dairy, soy and tree-nut free options. Satisfaction is guaranteed. Click here to order.
- Shake Bake and Salad Slimdown TM is an online health and weight loss program that can reset your metabolism so you not only lose weight, you feel great. Participants reported greater energy, lowered blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar and weight as well as reduction in aches, pains, better sleep, and more energy and clarity among other things. Another benefit is you get access to high quality shakes and supplements for life at a discount.
Using any or all of these executive health resources can dramatically improve your relationships, outlook and health and productivity in all aspects of your life. Take advantage of them and experience the difference.
Leave A Comment